Friday, July 9, 2010

Bluesfest

I bought a festival pass this year, on account of being on mat leave and having tonnes (ha ha) of time on my hands. Because of the heatwave, we did not go to see Iron Maiden or the Gypsy Kings, but we braved the heat and humidity to see the Moody  Blues and the B-52's. The Moody Blues were a band my mom listened to like, all the time, when I was a kid. They were pretty good, especially for 70 year olds! They played all the hits, which was pretty cool, cause I had forgotten alot of the songs. It was a nice nostalgic moment for me, and everyone else in the crowd. The B-52's were another story. They were totally great, even though I didn't know half the songs they played and they were mostly slow, not the kind of B-52 song I usually like. However, they played Planet Claire which is one of my favourites, and Love Shack, which is one of my most hated songs of all time. Seeing Love Shack live made it more tolerable but not by much. The last song was Rock Lobster, which was AMAZING live!! Everyone was dancing, like idiots, and this one old dude with a big hobo beard was rocking out by himself, shaking some kind of maraca in his hand, which was really cool to watch. Else totally had a good time, though the beginning of the B-52's was a bit loud for her. I was going to buy her some ear muffs but they are really hard to come by, expensive anyways, and I'm not convinced they are a great idea for outdoor concerts. It was just too hot yesterday to put muffs on Else's head. So, we sat in chairs instead and that was way better. We could see the big screen so we could see them being weird on stage.
Tonight is Hole, and Joan Jett. These should be fun shows!!! I am going to see if I can get some earplugs for Else at least, because I think it's going to be loud!!!!!
I think everybody is surprised to see a 3 month old rocking out to the bands, but I say, why not? One man told me I was brave for bringing her, but I'm not sure why he thought that; was it because of the crowds, and noise, or because a baby might freak out at a concert? In any case, I think more people should try it! I think you'd be surprised. Of course, everyone knows their baby and what their limits are, but so far I have not found Else's limit. She is pretty easygoing and adaptable. Which is great for me cause I can take her out to do the things I want to do, like go to 12 days of music! I just hope she likes Rush and Weezer because those are the next big ones I am excited to see! Wish us luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment