Friday, July 16, 2010

ROAD RAGE! First Post!

OK. So I know I promised to write about my ROAD RAGE, or rather, How To Drive by Sara D. I wanted to start off my first post by using this disclaimer: I am in no way a traffic or traffic law expert. What I am going to suggest may contravene existing laws governing speed and signaling. If you get a ticket, or into an accident, because you were following my advice, it is by no means my fault :)
So. Where to start?
I think we shall start with my most hated of all Road Rage instigators: driving under the limit on a 400 series highway.
SERIOUSLY. SEEERIOUSLY.
There is nothing that ticks me off more than someone going 80 down the 417 at 10 in the morning when there is no traffic. Especially when I get into said lane because I have to exit the highway shortly. IF YOU CANNOT DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT DO NOT DRIVE ON THE HIGHWAY. I know that 100 is the maximum speed, technically, by law. HOWEVER, you must also follow the flow of traffic. Traffic is usually around 100 in the "slow lane". If I have to brake and slow down by 20 km/hr you are guaranteed to get a middle finger, or a shaken fist, or at least me swearing at you in my car and while you may not be able to hear me... my anger shall travel the wavelengths over to your car and make you have a really bad day.

Further to this, DO NOT DRIVE UNDER 100 IN THE MIDDLE LANE EVER EVER EVER
How many times have I been driving at the speed limit in the middle lane, when some asshole in a Dodge Caravan is driving 90 in the middle of the highway????? THAT IS WHAT THE SLOW LANE IS FOR. AND DON"T DRIVE UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT THERE  EITHER!!! I think that this problem is potentially worse than the first. WHY are you driving there??? Why??? I think it is just to piss me off.

If this were in Toronto you would be run off the road. I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment